We post daily morsels of illuminating information and inspiration on The Green Spotlight’s Facebook Page. Anyone can view the page, even if you don’t have a Facebook account. But if you do have an account, we hope you’ll click on the page’s Like button (if you haven’t already “Liked” the page) and Share the page with your friends.
Please visit the Page to get a sense of the various topics that it covers. You are welcome to comment on the posts and we hope you’ll share some of our links. To make sure that Facebook will continue to show you our posts on your Facebook homepage/newsfeed, visit our page regularly and give a thumbs-up to (“Like”) your favorite posts.
Here’s a sampling of topics that we’ve highlighted on the page over the last few months:
- Costa Rica now uses almost 100% renewable energy
- Uruguay uses almost 95% clean energy
- Aspen, CO, Burlington, VT, and Greensburg, KS use 100% renewables
- San Diego plans to shift to 100% renewable energy
- The island of Bonaire is switching to 100% renewables
- Community solar for groups and neighborhoods
- Ireland rules out fracking
- COP21 Paris Climate Summit Commitments
- CatalogChoice free junk-mail opt-out service
- Organizations and Initiatives: Earthworks, Center for Environmental Health, Story of Stuff Project, Politifact, FactCheck.org, Solar Ready Vets, Troops to Solar
- Books: Voices of the Wild, The Heart of Sustainability
- New films: Time to Choose, Racing Extinction, Medicine of the Wolf, Last Days of Ivory
- Quotations, photos, graphics, cartoons, etc.